Pages

Wednesday, December 02, 2009

Cooking Weekend 1

Weekend whenever I got to do methadone, i will be staying alone at Jerantut. Thanks to the induction cooker from my HTAA good friends (Ee Wei, Li Yin, Peck Wei, Siew Chin, and Suok Teng), I decided to start learn cooking. Using induction cooker is very good, as 90% of the electrical power is transferred to cooking, and only 10% is lost to the environment.

So.. A noob in cooking want to learn cooking.. lol.. Day 1 cooking, after methadone, i drive back to Jerantut and drop by at Tong Fatt (TF) Value Mart to buy some groceries. I consulted one malay lady on how to choose tomatoes. Then I bought cabbage, yellow mee, fish balls, potatoes, carrots, nuggets, and cooking oil.

The picture below show preparation part. I am such an organized person.. lol lol.. First of all, i blanch potato and carrot in boiling water (quite long because I like to eat soft potato and carrot) with one small teaspoon of salt (to taste). Then lastly only add in fish balls and cabbage.Then, the advantage of using induction cooker is it can heat up the oil very very fast with the fast frying function (temperature reach 260 degree celcius). So I fried yellow mee with soya sauce. Then only i add in the ingredients that I have blanched previously.
The picture below show my Day 1 dinner. Quite satisfied, but small portion of the mee is too crunchy (overcook.. lol). Guess how much for this meal. Only cost me about RM2.50 for dinner and left over for supper.Then on the next day, again i cook, but this time darker version of yellow mee. And I also add in tomatoes in my soup to make it taste nicer. Frying nuggets using induction cooker is very fast and only small amount of oil is required. This meal cost me about RM3.60. Nice! See my ABC soup with potatoes, carrots, tomatoes, fish balls, cabbages, with no artificial flavouring at all.Stay tune for my next cooking post on spaghetti with mushroom sauce + fried nuggets. Yummy!!

4 comments:

poo said...

I love spaghetti!!! I teach u how to make the sauce when u come back. Cannot teach u here. Its a secret recipe. But the ingredients r quite expensive la. Clams and all. Seafood spaghetti is the BEST!!!

hp84 said...

to [poo]
Wah, i didn't know you can cook wor. That's good. But I dont like clam, siham, sotong..

Teach me mushroom sauce spaghetti can?

vialentino said...

hey hp...how r u? very nice simple and yummy meal. i love to cook this kind of meal...nice and filling enuff.

do check out my new photography site ... http://second-angle.blogspot.com ... if got kawan wanna kahwin, can recommend me to be their secondary photographer.

hp84 said...

to [vialentino]
Hey via, i am fine. Now in the process of learning to cook. Self-cooking is nice, can minimize the amount of salt and oil being used.

Wait I kahwin, sure will invite you to be my primary photographer ok :)