Pages

Friday, November 20, 2009

Bengkel Laporan Advers Ubat dan Vaksin

Venue: Hotel Grand Continental, Kuala Terengganu
Date: 26-28 Oktober 2009

This is my first ever kursus that I need to attend as FRP, representing Pejabat Kesihatan Daerah (PKD) Jerantut. The feeling of getting to go to new place is very nice. Let me show you my room in Hotel Grand Continental, sharing with Pegawai from Hospital Raub, Mr Yong Song Fatt. I will rate hotel room as 8/10. Food served in this hotel is just edible, nothing special.Pharmacists representing PKD and Hospital all around Pahang, Kelantan and Terengganu gather here to learn about cold chain management, phamacovigilance and ADR, adverse event following immunization (AEFI), and also medication error reporting system (MERS). We, as pharmacist should do our role in reporting ADR and MERS. I think MERS form are being distributed now..

The best part of attending kursus is we got free time after 5PM, and get to walk around Kuala Terengganu. KT town is quite nice, a complete town to live in. Finding food is not a problem here. But no shopping centre and cinema here. Then, we went to the famous Pasar Payang to hunt for 'cheap' batik, and it turn out to be the batik there is not as cheap as we think. Pasar Payang is a 2 storey building, where the upper floor is mainly occupied by batik seller, and the lower floor is occupied by wet market seller.Next is picture of Pegawai from KK Peramu Jaya and KK Bandar Mentakab. Behind them is a building that caught my attention. The architecture is very great, and the whole place is nicely landscaped. The building is not fully occupied yet, but I heard that will be a new area for batik seller.Also, we get to free bus ride around KT town using the free shuttle bus provided. See, even the Bas Bandar also being transformed into an traditional-house-alike bus. By the way, that is Mr Yong, my room mate during the kursus.Then, dinner time, Chee Wai, pegawai from Hospital Muadzam Shah brought us to Teck Lai restaurant to eat pork-based food. There is an area called Kampung Cina and the design is just like Melaka town. After dinner, we walk along the street and follow by a visit to Hospital Sultanah Nur Zahirah, Kuala Terengganu.Looking forward to the next kursus, somewhere out of Pahang.

4 comments:

WP said...

Wow, nice photos! ^_^
The bus is so creative...

hp84 said...

to [WP]
Yea, you got to ride the bus, it is very clean and the design inside is really like a house..

RuRu Jane~ said...

Jane here. =)

If any chances you work in Hospital Raub, just let me know. Then I could pay you a visit when I go back to my hometown. :)

hp84 said...

to [RuRu Jane~]
I just went to Raub last weekend to find my aunt.
Raub is ur hometown.. oic..
I use to go there during my school holiday when I was young :)