Pages

Monday, March 10, 2008

Bad presentation

Today, I had one of the worst presentation in my life. I was supposed to present on ‘Rheumatoid Arthritis’ together with Yee Ni.

All I can say is I’m not well prepared at all for the Q&A session.

I’ll post the question here with some of the answer that I found out:

Is there any difference between prednisone and prednisolone?

Yes! Prednisone is a prodrug of prednisolone. Prednisone is almost immediately and totally converted to prednisolone in the liver.

What is the suggested calcium intake?

For men and women is 1000 mg, while for menopausal women is 1300 mg.

When will bone loss start to occur after being started on treatment with corticosteroid?

Bone loss occurs most rapidly in the first 6 to 12 months. Usually occur with dose of prednisolone above 7.5 mg for more than 6 months.

More information can be obtained from ACADMED on ‘Clinical Practice Guidelines on Management of Osteoporosis’.

Next week I will have another presentation and I’ll definitely do my best.

That’ all for this post. At last I got the time to make new header, so stay tuned for my blog new header.

No comments: