Pages

Monday, December 24, 2007

Birthday at Swensen

--------------------------------------------
I start blogging at the age of 21. But, my cousin Arix So starts blogging at the age of 4!! So young.. Kids nowadays are getting tech-savvy. Check out his blog at ArixSo.
--------------------------------------------

On my birthday this year, I went to Swensen, SS2 with KY. The service there is not that good. This is the first time I dine at Swensen. I heard a lot of people saying that they are famous because of their ice cream.

In my personal opinion, the ice cream at Swensen is too sweet (beware of Diabetes Type 2). I would prefer Haagen Dazs and Baskin Robbins' ice cream. The meal at Swensen is just so-so.

Let's see some of the pictures taken that night.

Chicken Cheese Baked Rice. Ok ok lar..BBQ Half Chicken. It was totally different from the picture and description that we saw on the menu. I did ask the waiter, and he told me that the serving change everyday. Imagine, if i order chicken next time, maybe they will give me kangaroo instead. Damn, Swensen cheat us!!
Vanilla Dessert with Pistachio almond. Too sweet!! I only like the cherry.Banana Boat with 3 flavours of ice cream. This is the best of the night. :)Lastly, picture of me and my dear.Any Swensen's fan here? Don't get angry ok? This post i really kutuk Swensen 'kao kao'.


26 comments:

Lee Chien said...

i never been to swensen before leh.. food looks ok, but really dunoe the taste, hahaha...

Apple said...

Never try their food before. Only had the ice-cream. We don't have Swensen at my place for the mean time.

hp84 said...

to [lee chien]
Well, I will rate Swensen as 5/10. If you have lots of money to spend, then go there lar.

to [apple]
So, how do you find about Swensen?

Apple said...

Hmm..only been there twice. Still ok lar..but expensive.

hp84 said...

to [apple]
Yea lo, it is kinda expensive.

Berberboo said...

tak ada swensen in kuching... apa macam le??? lol... nah... we will never get it in kuching... market not good... lolz

Iwan Sanchez said...

i tink its true lah.,swensen is not as good as how ppl perceiv e it as to be.. hahaha!

and i tink the ice cream is just normal only lah..

hehehe!

is this gonna be ur 1st and last time for swensens?

hp84 said...

to [berberboo]
Don't worry, my hometown (Kuantan) also will never get to have Swensen.

to [iwan sanchez]
The ice cream is just sweet, suitable for those who love sweet food.
This is my first time at Swensen. It wont be the last visit, if got free voucher, i'll consider again. HeHe..

Nicholas Chan said...

i know the earthquake ice cream ! =) heard b4 only, the last time i went to swensen was 5 years ago when i was in kl.

hp84 said...

to [nicholas chan]
The ice cream is too sweet for me :(

SilverIsle said...

Went there once. My friend ordered the chicken too. And yea, not nice. Haha. But my food was fine. And the Earthquake rocks! =P

hp84 said...

to [silverisle]
Yea, the chicken is not nice. The menu state is BBQ sauce, but they gave ketchup instead. EarthQuake is too sweet for me.

Dragon said...

u see my post on earthquake? if not, go see it! damn, i like it so much!

Dragon said...

oppps.... dragon is allenooi, allenooi is dragon. hahaha.

hp84 said...

to [dragon]
Earthquake is very expensive rite?

curryegg said...

Lol... feeling better after complaining..

Ok.. it's my turn... why do you post this? I am extremely hungry right now.. torchering... :(

Haha... wish you an early wishes: Happy New Year to you!

hp84 said...

to [curryegg]
Yea, feel better after complaining.
The reason i post is to share about Swensen. Judge it by yourself whether you want to go or not.
Happy New Year to u too :)

Dragon said...

not really expensive. 30 something i think for the normal one. 8 scoops with toppings.

hp84 said...

to [dragon]
Expensive eh my friend. Wait till I start work next June. Now cannot lar.

MerDuriaN said...

I went to swensen once before... Food not bad 1....
But still cannot clearify Sensen is too sweet and you still prefer Haagen Daaz? omg In my opinion Haagen Daaz also very sweet oh

hp84 said...

to [merdurian]
IMO, I like Haagen Dasz a lot. Maybe it's individual opinion.

Anonymous said...

I usually go to Swensens to savour their ice cream only, never tried anything else like what you've did :) thanks for the recommendation, they're great! Maybe I should try them out someday :D HAPPY NEW YEAR anyway! Have fun!

iCalvyn.com said...

do you take the earthquake?

hp84 said...

to [anonymous]
Happy New Year to you too!!
BTW, mind to intro yourself?

to [icalvyn]
Nope.. Most blogger also recommend me. It's way too expensive lar..

Benghan said...

Once I had Birthday Bash there and their food real sucks. In Swensens SS2, their Dessert is the only thing that you can order.

hp84 said...

to [benghan]
Yea, i also had a bad birthday celebration there. Their service not that good.