Pages

Thursday, February 15, 2007

Conjunctivitis

Conjunctivitis is the inflammation of the conjunctiva of the eye. Conjunctivitis is commonly known as 'pinkeye'. (why pink?? my eye is red!!) There are 3 main types; allergic, bacterial, and viral. Sign and symptoms are redness of the eye, increase tears, purulent discharge, itchiness, and blurring vision.

I declare myself to be down with conjunctivitis, more specific is bacterial conjunctivitis. I've this condition since February 9, it has been almost 5 days and i still have red eye. During this period, i've seen pharmacist and doctor. Below is the summary of treatment i received so far:

Feb 9-11: Apply gentamicin that were given by pharmacist 1 drop every hour.
Feb 12-13: Apply neomycin that were given by doctor 3 drops tid (3 times a day). Doctor asked me to see her back if there is no improvement
Feb 14-till now: Went back to see doctor and given chloramphenicol. Apply 2 drops tid (3 times a day).

Total damage to my wallet = RM 69

To all my friends that avoid eye contact with me, i just want to let you all know that conjunctivitis is not air-borne disease. If i touch my eye with my hand and my hand touches another person hand, then the other person will get conjunctivitis if he/she touches own eye.

By the way, a few of my coursemate also had conjunctivitis; wai kit, julian, li guo, chin yee, and qi yun.

Hopefully i can get well soon.

4 comments:

L2G said...

i tell u it isn't ait borne what...

Anyway, got typo on one of our fren's name o...

L2G said...

oops, it's air borne...

k2k said...

sorry for those who get infected by me...

anyway, get well soon. and HAPPY CNY!

p/s; how come i cant leave a comment at the chatterbox there?

hp84 said...

thanks k2k, dun worry, my eye is still red but getting better.

Happy CNY to u too!

maybe there is problem.. i'll try to check.. sorry yea