Pages

Friday, February 02, 2007

B and O negative

Few days ago, one of my friend announced in the class that a patient in Subang Jaya Medical Centre (SJMC) need blood type of B negative and O negative. The patient's blood type is B negative. The patient is down with dengue and the hospital is running low on B and O negative blood.

Anyone having B or O negative blood, please do contact me. I'll lead you to my friend. Hope there is good samaritan out there who is willing to help. Let's just wish the person a good prognosis and fast recovery.

Group O Rho+ (D positive) RBC is without any ABO structures but displays the Rho antigen. My blood type is O positive. Therefore, i can't donate blood to the patient with B negative blood. Then, only person with O positive can donate blood to me. Do you think this classification of blood is fair? Why is it so? Why do us homo sapiens need to have different types of blood (A, B, AB, and O)?

No comments: